We Bring That Fresh Air Feeling
While we all have our favorite outdoor activities, we spend the majority of our time indoors. In fact, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, Americans spend about 90 percent of their time indoors. This might seem like a staggeringly high number. But when you take into account the time we spend working, cooking and especially sleeping, it’s easy to see how it all adds up.
The EPA also states that the concentration of indoor pollutants can be two to five times higher than typical outdoor concentrations. As we seal off our homes to try to save on our energy bills, we’re also sealing in dust, pollen, pet dander and more. This creates the perfect breeding ground for pollutants to linger and grow right in our homes.
You might not be able to see them with the naked eye, but you can certainly feel their effects. Pollutants in your air can lead to a number of serious problems, including:
- Upper respiratory infections
- Aggravated allergy symptoms
- Aggravated asthma symptoms
- Damage to heating and cooling equipment
- Skin rashes
- And more
Your Indoor Air Could Use an Upgrade If:
- You and your family are exposed to common indoor pollutants, such as mold, bacteria, pollen, pet dander and tobacco smoke.
- Your home has dry air or overly humid air.
- You deal with static cling and static electricity “shocks” in the winter.
- You have wooden furniture or other valuables that you want to protect and preserve.
- You notice window condensation when temperatures drop.
- You notice black mold growing on windowsills.
- Someone in your home is allergic to pet dander.
- Your indoor air seems stale and overly dry during the winter months.
If you experience any of these issues, contact us to request an on-site consultation.
Our Complete Indoor Air Quality Solutions
With the right strategy in place, you can alleviate your symptoms and remove those pesky pollutants for good.
Here at Sky, we offer a full lineup of whole-house air purification systems, electronic air cleaners, humidifiers, UV air treatment systems and more. We also carry programmable thermostats to give you full control over your indoor environment.
With all of these options, how do you know which system to choose? It all depends on your unique situation and which contaminants are present in your air. We’ll recommend the right solution whether it’s one system or a combination of several working together. You can rest easy knowing customers have benefitted from our air quality services for decades. We will only recommend the systems and solutions that will make a true difference in your comfort and health.
Schedule Indoor Air Quality Service in Portland and The Dalles Today
When you’re coughing and sneezing up a storm, it may seem like there’s no solution other than allergy medication. We want you to know that there is!
Our air quality solutions go straight to the source by eliminating pollutants and purifying your air. Whether you stand to benefit from a whole-house air purification system, dehumidifier or other product, we’re here to provide lasting solutions that will make life at home safer and better.