We Keep the Flow Going
Repiping your home sounds like a job that will take up much of your time, and drain your wallet. It doesn’t have to be that way. At Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing, we are pipe installation and replacement professionals by trade. We can take on any type of residential project. Replacing your piping doesn’t have to be a hassle; no matter why it’s come to the decision to repipe your home, you can trust our licensed, bonded, and insured repipe specialists to provide a complete, custom-tailored solution.
Common Causes of Pipe Damage
The most common causes of pipe damage include:
- Freezing: When water freezes, ice expands, which is a serious problem in the confined space of a pipe. Water that is flowing has nowhere to go as well. Pipe can easily start to leak, crack, and altogether crumble under the pressure that ice can cause.
- High Water Pressure: The pipes in your home are designed to tolerate specific pressure levels. If these limits are regularly exceeded, the force and volume of water can cause the pipe to break.
- Clogs: A clogged drain or water line can lead to further accumulation of material in pipe, which can build enough pressure to rupture it. In some cases, a blockage can cause wastewater or sewage to back up into your home.
- Age: Old pipes are more at risk of bursting. Over time, the inside surface can erode due to abrasion or the acidity of water. Whether a pipe is made of steel, iron, or clay, it can wear out, eventually affecting the integrity of the pipe in one or more locations.
- Lack of Maintenance: Failing to address issues such as clogged toilets, slow drains, or leaks early on can lead to more serious damage down the line. If you fix minor problems, you can avoid your home getting flooded in the future.
- Foundation/Ground Shifting: Any movement around pipes can cause damage and loosen connections. The foundation or soil can shift over time so imperceptibly that you don’t know there’s a problem until the pipe breaks.
Signs You Need Pipe Replacement
Pipe replacement may be the best option if your drains frequently clog up or there is consistently low water pressure. This can mean there’s a problem downstream that may be putting your pipes at risk. Pipe leaks often become more frequent as they age. If you’re having to call a plumber often to address leaky situations, pipe replacement may be recommended.
Other reasons to consider replacement include visible signs of rust and corrosion, rusty water, or basement drains spewing mud or dirt. Unusual odors can mean a sewage line is backing up, your piping is not functioning properly, or leaks are causing mold and mildew to grow. And since age is a major factor in the integrity of pipe, consider overhauling your plumbing in a home over 50 years old.
Benefits of Replacing Your Pipes
If you have frequent drain problems, low pressure, or water quality issues, replacing your pipes can resolve these persistent issues. You’ll notice immediate improvements in water pressure and cleaner water as well. Our pipe plumbing technicians ensure pipes, connectors, and other components are properly installed, so your home will have reliable water service.
A repiping project can even increase the value of your home, especially if you choose PEX pipes that are easier to install, flexible, and durable. Copper has been the material of choice for a long time, as it’s sturdy, long-lasting, and combines well with PEX. Using both or either materials allows your plumbing to tolerate higher water pressures and supports use of multiple fixtures at once.
Contact Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing’s Repipe Plumbers
We are experienced at repiping homes in Portland and The Dalles. Customers benefit from our high-quality service, use of ISO materials, and fast installation. Our technicians are available 24/7 to address an emergency and will provide a free inspection to assess the situation. Advanced leak detection techniques help us spot troublesome areas that may be hidden out of sight. To learn more about our products, services, and warranty or to request a free evaluation, you can reach us 24-hours a day at 503-235-9083. Contact us today!