Home and business owners rely on their water heaters every day. These essential plumbing appliances are generally reliable, but do require maintenance and repairs over time. Servicing a water heater requires an experienced technician. At Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing, we are dedicated to providing expert water heater installation services, so you know your system will function perfectly. Our customers also rely on us for water heater replacement when their old appliances no longer deliver a much-needed hot water supply.
Signs That You May Need a New Water Heater
Regular use leads to wear and tear, corrosion and, eventually, component or system failure. If your water heater is wearing out, you may have one or more of these common issues:
- You’re out of warm water: This is one of the top reasons to consider new water heaters. There may be a broken heating element (in an electric water heater) or, in the case of gas water heaters, the pilot light may have gone out.
- The unit has sprung a leak: Water pooling around the heater is often a sign of damage to tanks. Even a slow drip can cause serious problems or lead to a broken tank and a flood.
- The water is rusty: If your water is no longer clear, and comes out of the faucet rust-colored, this change in water quality may mean there’s corrosion inside the tank and supply lines.
- A noisy water heater: Cracks and pops can indicate mineral buildup inside the heater or an issue with the heating elements. Never ignore new and/or unusual sounds from your hot water heater.
- Strange odors/tastes: When there is a metallic taste and smell to your hot water, the material in the inner tank may be breaking down and flaking off into your water supply.
If you’re experiencing repeated issues and your water heater is around 10 to 15 years old, or more, replacement is probably the best option. Replace your appliance if it needs frequent repairs. Another issue is likely to occur soon. Plus, repair costs will add up such that you’ll save in the long term by investing in a new water heater.
Types of Water Heaters Available
Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing specializes in all the leading types of water heaters used in Portland and The Dalles homes and businesses. Your top choices include:
- Gas Water Heaters: Use a flame to heat water and are quite energy efficient and long-lasting. While there’s a higher initial cost of installation, gas water heaters offer longer-term savings in the form of energy efficiency. You can potentially save even more with Energy Star rated models.
- Electric Water Heaters: An electric water heater has rod-like heating elements that heat the water inside the unit. The types available include standard 20- to 80-gallon tank models, insulated high-efficiency tank units, and a hybrid heat pump water heater that uses even less energy.
- Conventional Storage Tank Water Heaters: Conventional water heaters work by using heating elements to raise the water temperature, which is maintained by a thermostat. They come in numerous sizes and can be powered by electricity, natural gas, propane, or fuel oil.
Contact Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing for Your New Water Heater
Serving Portland, The Dalles, and surrounding areas, we are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide water heater installation, repair, and maintenance services. Our experienced technicians can diagnose and fix any problem and are available 24/7 if you have an emergency. Whether you’re lacking hot water or there’s a problem with the water storage tank, we’ll provide a free evaluation and address the issue quickly with same day repair. To learn more about our 24-hour services and financing, get a free estimate, or schedule an appointment, contact us online or at 503-235-9083.