In order to continue with emergency/demand services and equipment installations during the current situation with the COVID-19 virus, Sky Heating will be adding some additional safety practices while performing any work at customers homes or places of business. We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees, as well as our customers and their families. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- We will be providing, face masks, shoe covers, disinfectant wipes, rubber or nitrile/latex gloves, and stylus pens to field personnel in order to combat the spread of potential contaminants or virus. Customers will need to sign any work orders, contracts, or any other iPad related document with a stylus pen that they will keep, alternatively the customer can text their authorization to 503-235-9083
- Please keep all pets (even if friendly) secured in another area away from the work being performed. We do not want a pet either putting a hole in PPE or transferring a virus.
- If anyone in your home or business appears to be sick, we request that you reschedule the call to a later date.
- We ask that social distancing be practiced at all times while Sky Heating personnel are present at the job site.
- Refrain from shaking hands or physical contact of any kind while keeping a 6’ separation
- While on site we ask to allow for fresh air ventilation, i.e. (opening windows or doors near the work area if inside or opening the garage door if in the garage).
- Upon arrival to the job site, have new shoe covers and rubber or nitrile/latex gloves on before entering the premises. N95 rated dust mask can be worn as well but is not mandatory. Masks are typically not to protect the wearer but others from the wearer of the mask.
- Use disinfectant wipes to clean doorknobs or entry points to work area and wear nitrile/latex gloves while moving around the home.
- Refrain from any physical contact with customers, maintain social distancing of 6’ at all times if possible.
- Assess the area where work is to be performed. Open exterior doors or windows for fresh air ventilation, if available. If the area where work is to be performed is in a garage, open the garage door. If the work is to be performed in an attic or crawl space move to a ventilated area every 30 minutes for fresh air.
- Keep all material not currently being used, outside or stored in vehicles.
- Keep work area as small as possible in order to keep area sanitized and clean.
- If existing ductwork is being altered, remove any scrap outside immediately and seal in garbage bags or boxes.
- After work has been completed remove all debris and wipe down all areas and equipment with disinfectant wipes. If possible do not use shop vac for cleaning to avoid causing airborne debris.
- During customer tutorial maintain 6’ distance at all times.
- When completing dispatch in Service Titan, provide customer with new wrapped stylus pen to sign iPad, and leave stylus with customer.
These policies and protocols have been put in place to ensure the health and safety of our customers as well as our employees. If you have any questions, feel free to call our office at 503-235-9083.