Homeowners in Portland and The Dalles depend on Sky Heating & Air Conditioning for regular service. The benefits of air conditioner service have been well publicized, especially in regard to reliability, energy efficiency, and longevity. Most industry professionals recommend annual AC service by a qualified HVAC technician, the best time being the spring. These are some factors to consider as to why your air conditioner should be serviced at least once a year.
Why You Should You Schedule an AC Inspection?
The benefits of an AC inspection include more advantages beyond the system simply working better, although this is most certainly the case. An annual inspection:
- Helps spot dirt and dust that build up over time. Cleaning these out eliminates inefficiencies that can occur when they’re left unchecked.
- Can improve HVAC system energy efficiency. This both reduces wear on major components and may reduce your utility bill by as much as 15%.
- Reveals small issues before they cause more serious damage that can cost thousands of dollars to fix. Maintenance is a very small price to pay compared to replacing your AC unit prematurely.
Routine maintenance also helps improve indoor comfort while you save money. Rooms are less likely to be too warm or too cold and you are unlikely to experience uneven temperatures throughout your home. You’ll also have peace mind knowing your HVAC system is in working order.
What Does an AC Maintenance Service Inspection Include?
When an HVAC professional visits your home for an AC service appointment, they focus on several key areas. These include:
- Major components, such as the condenser coil, evaporator coil, motor, return and supply lines, drain line, and electrical connections. The technicians will also check refrigerant levels to determine whether a recharge is needed or there’s a potential leak.
- Changing the air filter. You don’t necessarily need a professional for this, but a technician can determine whether the current air filter must be cleaned or replaced, or whether it is sufficient for your home. If not, they can recommend a higher rated or different type of filter if needed.
- Thermostat calibration. If your HVAC system isn’t reaching the temperature, the thermostat may need to be tested and calibrated. A technician can verify whether the unit is working or needs to be replaced, or determine if its location near a heat source is causing inaccurate temperature readings.
- Lubricating parts. Air conditioning systems have many moving parts that can wear out due to friction if they’re not properly lubricated; a technician can spot lubrication issues and provide the appropriate service to avoid permanent damage to components your AC needs to function.
- Ductwork inspection. Air that’s carried through the duct system can also be recirculating various types of contaminants. Leaking ducts can significantly reduce efficiency. An annual inspection can spot any issues to fix that can restore clean air and comfort.
- Air conditioner tune-up. By inspecting the many interconnected parts in your AC system, a technician can make minor repairs and adjustments during an AC tune-up. Our HVAC plans include all the services needed to ensure your air conditioning system remains in top shape.
Contact Sky Heating & Air Conditioning
Serving Portland, The Dalles, and other surrounding areas in Oregon, Sky Heating & Air Conditioning is trusted for year-round professional AC and heating service. Our HVAC maintenance services protect your investment and maximize system reliability, longevity and efficiency. We’re also following social distancing and sanitizing procedures to provide safe AC installation and repair during the COVID-19 pandemic. To schedule an air conditioner repair service appointment, call us at 503-235-9083 today!