A clogged drain is an inconvenience you may just want to wish away. However, the problem can grow to a much bigger scale if there’s a serious blockage. At Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing, we provide professional drain cleaning services to alleviate the symptoms and address any underlying causes. We will troubleshoot slow drains, backups in a bathtub or toilet, or pooling of water around outdoor drains and then provide thorough drain cleaning to alleviate the problem. Our technicians can also perform any pipe or sewer cleaning/repairs necessary.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
Our licensed plumbing technicians often find common sources of clogs in drains and pipes. These include:
- Grease, fat, and oil buildup from foods and cooking in the kitchen
- Bits of food and garbage debris washed down the sink
- Soap residue and hair buildup, a common problem with bathroom drains
- Detergent, shampoo, and other household products
- Mineral deposits, or pipe scale, from calcium and magnesium dissolved in tap water
- Improper pipe slope, which can cause drainage problems
- Overloaded sewer main or septic system
- Flushable bathroom wipes
- Baby diapers and feminine hygiene products
- Tree roots in water and sewage lines
There are, of course, many other things that can cause a clog. Hair, a buildup of dirt, a flushed children’s toy, cat litter, and shifted/broken/collapsed pipes can block your water lines. Using commercial drain cleaners may not help resolve the problem. In some cases, they can even contribute to more damage to your plumbing.
We offer several options when it comes to residential drain cleaning. Our team of plumbing experts can clean any type of drain and address any problem they find. There is never any guesswork. We use special cameras to see inside pipe to learn exactly what is obstructing it, while examining the condition of your plumbing. High-quality video feeds help us diagnose issues and choose the best option to move forward with.
Our drain cleaning services include:
- Snaking: A coiled metal cable, or auger, is drawn down into the drain and underlying pipe. Often used in sinks, showers, and bathtubs, it is typically effective for clearing out hair and other soft debris. The cable is coiled/uncoiled by turning a handle.
- Hydro Jetting: Using specialized machines and hoses, high-pressure streams of water are pushed through pipes to clear blockages. Hydro jetting is effective for greasy substances and is thus often used for large kitchens; it is also used for sewer lines to break up many kinds of blockages and scour pipes clean.
- Rooter Services: Stubborn and severe blockages can be removed with power rooters, which break up debris using spinning blades. The cable is attached to a motor to provide the power needed to cut through a wide range of materials. Physical removal is the best option, as the chemical cleaners often used are even more corrosive when they build up due to a blockage.
Advantages of Drain Cleaning
Drain cleaning is an easy way to get rid of clogs and fix slow drains. It can even prevent or reduce the occurrence of blockages when performed regularly. That’s why it’s recommended for busy commercial and industrial kitchens to schedule drain cleaning service. Other benefits include increased pipe longevity; the fewer clogs there are, the less strain is put on the plumbing system.
Cleaning helps make drains faster and more efficient, can prevent leaks, and avoid foul odors from the toilet or sewer line. You can even prevent mold and bacteria from building up by having drains professionally cleaned, which can make for healthier indoor living conditions. If a drain backs up, spills can occur (or worse, a burst pipe) that can damage a floor, wall, insulation, and other building materials.
The best way to avoid these problems is to prevent clogs from forming in the first place—with professional drain cleaning.
Contact Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing for Your Next Drain Cleaning
Licensed, bonded, and insured to provide plumbing services in Portland and The Dalles, we are committed to doing every job right and ensuring each drain cleaning visit is a success. Our technicians use the latest tools and equipment and are available 24/7 for emergency service. Able to find the source of the problem, we address it directly and always provide a permanent solution. To learn more about our drain cleaning services and schedule an appointment, or learn about leading equipment and solutions, specials, and financing options, contact us or call 503-235-9083.