Sky Heating, A/C and Plumbing specializes in tankless water heaters. We provide installation, repair, and replacement as well as maintenance services in and around Portland. Although less common than traditional water heaters, tankless models are highly effective and efficient. These space-saving solutions provide a convenient supply of hot water when you need it. If you’re considering a switch to have instant hot water anytime, or need repairs, we offer high quality tankless water heater services you can count on.
How Do Tankless Water Heaters Work?
A tankless water heater features a heat exchanger to heat water as it passes through the device. There is no storage tank. An electric heating coil or natural gas burner is activated when you turn on the hot water tap. Cold water is heated instantly to provide a constant supply. The unit shuts off when you close the hot water tap.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
- Higher efficiency: Tankless water heaters don’t need to continuously heat a large tank full of water, so less energy is wasted. They also turn on only when needed, eliminating energy drain when the system isn’t in use.
- Endless supply of hot water: The system will produce hot water for as long as you need it, with only a slight delay upon startup. You should see hot water within a few seconds. Unless the demand for water exceeds the unit’s capacity (multiple fixtures and faucets are used at once), you’ll have no problem.
- Cost savings: When you compare a tankless a conventional water heater, you’ll likely see monthly cost savings, despite a higher up-front installation cost for new tankless water heaters. Less energy consumption typically equals lower utility bills. If you qualify for state or federal rebates, you can also see tax relief after installing a tankless system.
- Increased space in your home: The small form factor means much less space is taken up by a large water heater/tank. You can even place a tankless water heater in a corner, closet, or on a wall, freeing up valuable room in a basement or utility space. It is about 80% smaller than a conventional water heater.
- Environmentally friendly: Tankless units heat water quickly, meaning there’s less water waste. They also don’t require venting that conventional systems do, which can create indoor air quality issues when something goes wrong. The combustion process is sealed, eliminating the risk of carbon monoxide exposure.
- Longer lifespan: A tankless water heater can last for 20 years or more if maintained properly. By comparison, a traditional model may not even last a decade.
Tankless Water Heater Installation and Replacement
Installation may require some modifications to your plumbing and/or electrical system. Depending on the tankless water heater installed, a secure gas line connection may be necessary. Tankless water heater installation is not a DIY project. It requires a trained professional. Fortunately, our plumbers are knowledgeable in the latest equipment, tools, and techniques to safely and effectively install a tankless water heater in your Portland area home. We’ll even help choose the best tankless model for your needs, based on the size of your family and how much water is used every day.
Tankless Water Heater Repair
Tankless water heaters can develop problems similar to their traditional counterparts. Contact a repair professional if your water supply becomes cloudy or rusty, the water has strange taste, or the heater is making noise, not delivering the right water pressure, or there’s a lack of hot water. Our team can easily fix minor problems, provide preventative maintenance, and determine when tankless water heater replacement is necessary. Whenever possible, we’ll provide prompt and effective repairs, no matter how big or small.
Contact Our Tankless Water Heater Specialists Today
A tankless water heater can be a wise investment for your home. But you’re not alone in making a decision. At Sky Heating, A/C and Plumbing, we are experienced with the latest models and technologies and can help you choose one based on the needs of your household. For more information on our tankless water heater services or to schedule an appointment in Portland, The Dalles, or Gresham, give us a call at 503-235-9083 today.