The Most Natural Way to Save Energy
Geothermal heat pumps are the epitome of “work smarter, not harder.” Unlike traditional HVAC units that create warm and cool air, geothermal heat pumps transfer air that already exists in the Earth. This results in unbeatable energy savings that also will minimize your impact on the environment.
Here at Sky, we’re extremely well-versed in geothermal technology and will help you reap all of the benefits of a reliable and efficient system. Offering everything from geothermal heat pump installation to repair and maintenance, we’re your one-stop solution for ground-source comfort!
Why Go Geothermal?
The highest level of energy savings starts underground. Geothermal heat pumps are the ideal heating and cooling option because they:
- Offer maximum year-round energy savings. These systems can provide up to 60 percent more savings than traditional gas furnaces and air conditioners and up to 40 percent more than high-efficiency heat pumps.
- Can typically provide about one-third to one-half of your water heating needs. This could save you an additional $100 to $300 per year in utilities.
- Are far more eco-friendly than traditional units
- Provide precise temperature control at extremely efficient rates
- Offer consistent performance that is unaffected by outdoor temperature changes, unlike conventional heat pumps
- Offer potential tax credit opportunities from the Oregon Department of Energy. Depending on the situation, you may qualify for:
- Tax credits ranging from $600 to $1,200
- Up to $2,400 from most planned building developments
- $200 from PGE
- $250-$450 from the Energy Trust of Oregon
- Are ideal for floating homes, houseboats or lake houses. Since water provides better energy transfer than the Earth, geothermal technology works great for these types of homes. You also won’t need to deal with a noisy outdoor unit as you would with a furnace or AC.
Did You Also Know Geothermal Systems:
- Generate approximately four units of energy for every unit of electricity required
- Heat & cool the average home for $1 a day
- Are considered the most environmentally-friendly HVAC option by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Require only periodic inspection and filter changes
- Eliminate the risk of fire, hot surfaces, formaldehyde and carbon monoxide associated with traditional units
- Can recover the cost of geothermal heat pump installation in three to five years through a reduction in utility bills
- Will potentially trim utility bills by as much as 80 percent
- Operate quietly
- Rely on a ground loop system that can be expected to last 50 years
We’ll Guide You Through Every Step
Since geothermal is a newer form of heating and cooling, it can seem intimidating and unfamiliar at first. But with our crew in your corner, it’s smooth sailing from Day One.
First, we’ll have a site visit to fully understand your needs and determine whether geothermal is right for you. Before any work begins, we’ll consider all crucial factors, such as excavation, the size of your system and the project scope. All of these things will impact the final cost and we’ll share everything with you upfront for full transparency.
Because we’ve installed so many of these systems, we know the different challenges involved and how to best overcome them. For instance, if you don’t have enough space on your property to facilitate the 2,000-plus feet of piping that we’d normally recommend, we can drill 200-foot wells into the ground and run piping through the wells, drill horizontally underneath the house or use our WaterFurnace Hyperloop product.
We are one of the largest WaterFurnace geothermal contractors west of Iowa. We choose to install these products specifically because they lead the industry for efficiency and reliability. We carry a wide range of options for all lot sizes, from 5,000 square feet all the way to houses on acreage.
WaterFurnace geothermal heating and cooling systems are available in three basic configurations, designed to answer any situation or challenge with maximum efficiency and superior energy savings. All-In-One Systems satisfy heating needs in the winter and cooling needs in the summer, taking the place of conventional indoor furnace/outdoor air conditioning applications. In addition, split geothermal systems offer installation versatility and can either target specific zones or condition the entire home. Hydronic geothermal systems work well with radiant floor heating, domestic hot water and snow/ice melt applications. The knowledgeable technicians from Sky will help you determine the right solution for your exact requirements, providing the information you need to make the best possible decisions.
As Oregon’s Preferred Geothermal Contractors, We Guarantee:
- Quality-driven workmanship from a team that’s been exceeding expectations since 1979
- Turnkey service to reliably install all geothermal components, including the heat exchanger, the ductwork and the indoor unit
- Clear communication and professional guidance every step of the way
- Upfront and transparent pricing for all services
- Meticulous attention to detail. We do it right the first time around!
- Friendly service from licensed and highly skilled geothermal specialists
- Unmatched respect for your home and property
- 24/7 emergency repair service
- Thorough maintenance inspections to maximize your return-on-investment
Schedule Geothermal Heat Pump Service in the Portland Area With Sky
Geothermal heat pumps are versatile systems that can be applied in many different ways. Here at Sky, we have a superior understanding of this technology and know-how to match the specifics of your home to the ideal system. We guarantee proper sizing, location and installation to ensure you’ll get the most out of this groundbreaking technology for years to come!
To schedule a consultation for geothermal heat pump installation or request repair service, call Sky at 503.673.9083 or contact us online today.