Have you noticed unexplainable changes in your plumbing? Residential and commercial plumbing issues often don’t come from drains or the pipes you can see. Trouble in main water lines and sewer pipe can occur. While a seemingly complex problem, Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing has the equipment, tools, and expertise to provide excavation services and non-invasive pipe replacement and repair that can restore your plumbing.
Signs You May Need Sewer Excavation Services
We complete traditional and trenchless excavation jobs across the area. Contact us if you notice signs of a sewer line issue, such as:
- Water or sewage backing up into your drains or toilet.
- The toilet is making gurgling sounds.
- Grasses and plants on your lawn are overgrown/extremely green.
- There are more bugs and pests than usual.
- Mold is forming on the interior walls.
- Sewage smells emanating from your drains.
- Pools of water in the yard when it hasn’t rained.
Common Damages for Water Line and Sewer Pipes
Oftentimes, a water line or sewer pipe at the end of its life has become so corroded that holes form, causing a leak. Older pipe made of cast iron, copper, or clay is particularly susceptible. Collapsed pipe means replacement is needed immediately. Pipe may be damaged by ground shifting, rapid temperature fluctuations, or tree root growth. A buildup of minerals or sediment can block flow and build pressure that leads to pipe failure. These are all natural occurrences that occur over time but when repairs are needed, our excavation plumber is ready to help.
Excavation Solutions We Offer
Serving local customers since 1979, we have a broad range of excavation and plumbing expertise and specialize in the following methods:
- Sewer Line Replacements: Age, cracks, major blockages, and other issues can warrant the replacement of a sewer line. Using state-of-the-art excavation equipment, we can reach your old sewer line, remove it, and install a new line, properly grade it, and test it to ensure it’s functioning as it should.
- Water Line Replacements: Pipe replacement may be the only solution to resolve a leak. Aging pipes and those damaged by rust, wear, and ground shifting should be replaced to restore your drinking water supply. Replacement also restores water quality so your water is safe to drink, cook with, or use for a shower.
- Rerouting Sewer Lines: Sometimes, rerouting lines is an easier option than replacing existing pipe. In this case, we leave the broken sewer pipe in place; for example, the old sewer lines under your foundation are left alone, while new lines are installed in your yard, so foundation or slab work can be avoided.
- Spot Repairs: Spot repair is a faster, less invasive, and less expensive way to fix pipe rather than replacing an entire line via open cuts. There is minimal digging and the line is fixed by inserting a flexible liner into a drain, routing it to the damaged section, and letting it harden to create a solid, waterproof seal (similar to pipe bursting) that can last for decades.
- New Systems: If your home is old or plumbing system is in complete disrepair, Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing can replace everything with a brand new system. New main, branch, sewer, and drain pipe, as well as all other necessary plumbing components, are installed with the latest materials and chosen specifically to accommodate the design and needs of your home.
- Slope Corrections: An improper slope can cause drainage problems. A standard 6-inch pipe should slope away from your home at about ¼ inch per foot, or about 1 foot for every 50 feet of pipe length. Slope is something a person inexperienced in pipe installation may not consider, but our professionals will ensure all drainage pipes are properly sloped.
- Hydro Excavation: When removing soil is a must, we can employ hydro excavation using pressurized water to remove material and air or a vacuum to transfer it to a tank. This is a highly effective method of accessing underground utility lines without causing perforations or other damage. It also leaves the surrounding soil undisturbed.
Contact Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing Today!
When you need an excavation plumber, Sky Heating, AC & Plumbing is the contractor to trust in Portland and The Dalles. We offer a wide range of repair options and capabilities. Our reputation, dedicated employees, and decades of experience mean we find permanent solutions with as little disruption as possible and that ensure your plumbing is safe and functional. Available 24/7 for emergencies and focused on high quality products and customer service, we can be reached at (503) 235-9083. You can also schedule excavation services online to set up a free estimate.